View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:22 AM 06-16-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Absolutely! I completely hear ya! Two nights ago I realized I am wasting too many years not following my dreams. I decided that I give it one more year...I’ve been doing it 26. In one year I am closing down, buying a food truck and finally going to travel to craft shows and small town festivals selling my French pastries and seeing the USA. I can’t spend many more days drinking pretend tea, changing diapers or coddling parents.
I love this! I'm glad you have a plan; it lets you see the light at the end of the tunnel sort of thing! Almost makes it easier to hang in there.

Originally Posted by Tin Blues:
Do you find you dread Monday mornings? Do you see a night and day difference with your group when this child isn’t there? Honestly, one of the best gifts you can give yourself is saying, ok, this isn’t working. It’s ok to hit the reset button. Not every kid is the right fit. It’s incredibly draining to have a super challenging kid. Sometimes for mental health, you have to term, otherwise you burn out.
YES I dread every morning. But it isn't as easy as saying let this dck go and fill the spot with someone else(There are no other dcks except infants and I have no openings at the moment in that age group). Before I do that, I'll have to set up a meeting with dcm. This is the best dcm I've ever had, knows her dds are both challenges, is giving and thoughtful, and just so many wonderful qualities you cannot imagine. I adore little sister and it would break my heart to not have her in my life anymore. I also adore big sister and just need to find that currency to keep her on the right track. Believe it or not, she's also a bright and sharing child....at times. It's just that I let my frustration and feelings of helplessness get in the way of everything else. And we all knows kids sense those feelings!!
As I've said, my group will be losing 2 dcgs, who can be quite the challenge also, the end of this next week. I'm going to see how that plays out. I'm also going to look at my space and see where the biggest problems lay, maybe figure out something to do in that area. It would help if I could slow these kids down inside; they're very active and feel the need to run around inside rather than outside. I've considered placing gates in certain areas but the oldest 2 would just climb them all the time.

I've thought of making a poster of clearly stated rules that need to be followed. Immediate consequences if they cannot be followed. Talking, reminding, threatening, none of it is heard or processed by them. I consider this my responsibility just as much as on them, because I feel I'm just not doing things right.
My other issue is little sister who wants to be a big girl and do every single thing the big kids do. She wants to use markers yet colors all over everything or sucks them dry. She wants to climb, run, jump off everything like big sis. She wants to still put everything in her mouth so can't do the small parts play that bigger kids can but wants to. Kids can't even do puzzles without her stealing pieces and running off with them. Just seems to be a constant chasing, redirecting, than actually guiding and interacting.

I'm sorry this is so long but a lot of it is thinking out loud, and/or venting. And simply wondering if I just cannot handle this anymore. It's all I know but I don't seem to know much anymore. These kids of today have me feeling less than adequate at my job.