View Single Post
misol 07:59 AM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I really like what you said about rate increases without listing a bunch. I will change that. I also like avoiding all the ten minute rule and just have it on a case by case basis to avoid working the additional time. When do you start charging for late fees then if you don't have it specifically written down? Do you state "Unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed upon,....." so they understand they can't just call and tell me they will be an hour late or early.
I will now be charging late fees the first minute they are late.

Here is what mine says now:

Late Pick-up
It is imperative that you are punctual in picking up your child. I have appointments and activities scheduled immediately after hours and it is a real inconvenience when you do not arrive on time. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you will be assessed a late pick-up fee if your child is picked up after your contracted time. There is no grace period. The late pick-up fee is $1.00 per minute per child and is due at the time you pick-up. Under no circumstances does late drop-off constitute late pick-up. Please be courteous and arrive on time. Continued late pick-up will result in termination of childcare services.