View Single Post
Abigail 08:33 PM 06-24-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Make a drop lid game out of them. You need a number of juice lids (the kind from frozen juice, that you pull the plastic ring off and are left with a metal circle with no sharp edges). Cut a small slit in the formula lid cover (big enough to drop lids in) and put contact paper on the outside of the can. My kids love these and when they mouth the juice lids you can easily wash them and they are non-chokeable.

Our ECFE makes these in just about every baby class!

You can sharpie numbers or letters on them also and let older kids play matching games. Our kids even use the lids to make "cookies" out of in the kitchen area.
How do you exactly play the game? I've started collecting my juice lids because I only open one-two juices a month so it takes awhile! I was going to use them with stickers to make a matching game and/or write numbers 1 and ONE or "A" and "a" so I've got many reasons to collect them. LOL, I just realized I should make a craigslist post asking for people to save these for me because it will take a long time!

We should make a list of "Around the House" projects which are all recycling materials, but with a few craft supplies could be art. I just googled toilet paper roll craft under images and saw how someone made a train out of toilet paper roll sections (cut in half I think) under tissue boxes to make the train. Very neat