View Single Post
Heidi 05:51 AM 09-25-2015
Well, I have two babies, one is 16 months, the other 12. I just got the 12 month old.

They both arrive when "work time" is almost over, so they just sit in their clip on chair at the table and we (the other kids and I) give them things. The 16mo loves it, the 12 mo mostly throws stuff on the floor after maybe 2 minutes. We're working on that.

Will they be mad if you leave them in the other room to play?

If it were me, I'd take one or two children out of the playroom at a time, and teach them how to use the materials. Show them how to unroll a mat, carry their work over, and put it back when done. Then, once those to get it, add another one or two. Once the oldest ones get it, work with the 19 mo. The 13 mo. isn't going to be ready for a while, but like I said, if you can secure him somehow, you can give him some things to do. Things without a million pieces.

I started out with about 10 things, then added more. I just added 6 more baskets this week of Mr. Potato Head, Bristle Blocks, Magna Tiles, Tinker Toys, Sensory Blocks, and Toddler K'Nex. Until Monday, they were there, but out of reach so they had to ask for those things.