Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
springv 02:12 PM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by ZenZen Hen:
A troublesome parent was upset that her kid had a rock thrown at them (after the child went and poked another child in the eye). She wanted the name of the child who had thrown the rock, going so far as to ask her barely 2 year old child who he poked (he didn't understand the question) after I denied her request TWICE.
She complained that its "difficult for her" when some people here tell her things and others don't. I wish I had been quick enough to say that "others breaking policy does not reflect on the fact that I will adhere to our policy to protect the identities of children and their families while in attendance at the center."
Instead I told her to take it up with managment. To make it worse her older child was there (smart, smart cookie) asking me why I wouldn't tell her mom who did it.
I would've told the parent that if they've got a problem with the care and also have problems with the employees then they can find new care. I would also tell the older child in the parents presence that what happens at daycare stays at daycare and that the older child shouldn't listen to adult conversations and to keep their opinion to theirselves and their mouths shut!!!!!😠😠😠