View Single Post
QualiTcare 11:21 PM 05-03-2010
that's totally a matter of opinion, and of course we all know opinions are like....

yeah, so anyway....

both of my children started daycare when they were 6 weeks old and i don't regret it ONE bit! when i had my first child, i was completely miserable after two weeks of staying at home. yes, i loved my daughter, but i went from working two jobs and never being at home to never leaving the house. i convinced my boss to let me work 3 days a week 2 weeks after having a c-section, and i got my mom to babysit. at first my boss told me no, and then my eyes welled up with tears....and he said yes. thank goodness! i respect stay at home mothers - it's just not for me.

in fact, i do daycare from home right now because my old job ended when the grant that funded it ran out. i love kids which is why i chose to be a teacher, but i love teaching kids at school, with other people, other adults, etc. as soon as i get another job offer, i'll stop caring for children at home. i don't want to be at home! it's just a personal preference. it doesn't make me a bad mother. in fact, it makes ME a better mother. you can't be the best mother you can be unless YOU are happy. I'M happy when i'm busy working outside the home.

say whatever you want, but both of my kids were in daycare at 6 weeks and both of my kids are literally obsessively in love with me. we bonded just fine. actually, mothers who are separated from their infants at birth due to the infant needing to go to NICU are at higher risk for bonding issues than children who go to daycare at 6 weeks. the most critical time for bonding is immediately after birth thanks to a hormone called oxytocin. i gave birth to a child i didn't see for hours besides a polaroid picture, and i later researched/wrote about the subject. i know.