View Single Post
proudmommyofthree 07:55 AM 02-25-2019
My grandson LIVES in my home with my daughter. We do not have a definite diagnosis yet. Which is why I'm questioning if I should close or not. If I was told it was hand foot and mouth, I would close for a couple of days to be able to sanitize everything.

I guess my main question was, is this something that must be reported to license. This parent is saying her doctor told her I HAVE to report hand foot and mouth whenever a child has it in my daycare. I looked at title 22 regulations. All I found was communicable disease must be reported. So I looked on the California public health department website and Hand foot and mouth was not listed as a communicable disease that needs to be reported. I screen shot it, and sent it to her.

She then came back with well Streptococcal infections was listed. (since we are not sure if it is strep either) . I also looked at the site and saw that streptococcal infections in food born or food handlers such as diary is what to be reported.

I guess I was just a little upset, that the parent is telling me it must be reported to licensing, yet does not want to follow other Licensing regulations.

I tototally understand about closing the daycare with hand foot and mouth. In 11 years of doing daycare, I've had it run it's course twice. I closed once for a day on a Monday. The other time I remained open and only two kids had it that time.

Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it.