View Single Post
Unregistered 10:12 AM 05-27-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I think it sounds simple and to the point. Adding anything else will just open the door to negotiation on her part. Do not tell her it is because of your wanting to change closing times (what if she has a friend who will pick up? ). If she asks any questions, just keep telling her that you will be unable to provide the type of services she/her child requires.

The last line where you say "Thank you for allowing me to teach Johnny so much." is just not sitting right with me for some reason.....could you change it to something like, "I enjoyed my time with Johnny. I wish you and your family all the best in the future." Or maybe just not say anything except the wishing her family the best...

I don't know, it may just be me....

Good luck! You can do this!!
Thank u so much Blackcat!! I was wondering about the teaching part as well. The only reason I threw it in there is because that is the 1st thing her family members praise me for and they all brag about. DCM says all the time it's all me because she rarely spends time with him. When he 1st came here at 22 months he could only mumble a few words mama etc. Now he is turning 3 and he knows a large vocabulary, all of his colors, all of his shapes, even some planets. He speaks in full sentences and tells stories too! He's smart so I can't take all the credit but I appreciate what they say. I wanted to note my return appreciation I guess. I will omit it though. Thank u for helping me!!

BTW DCM was late 2 hrs today then text she was coming then another hour later still nothing so I text her asking of he was still coming. I wanted to leave and do some shopping if he wasn't. I waited 30 minutes and nothing so I started my lawn. I come in the house for a drink and she is blowing up my cell and house phone frantic she is going to lose her job and needs me now! 4 phone messages and 8 texts! I put the stuff away and called her back he's on the way now. I cannot wait to hand her this term. I now know I am making the right decision! I didn't get a sorry or nothing just "I NEED A SITTER!" Now tonight when she sees her fees attached to her bill she will turn noce and please i cant afford it etc... Moody I tell ya!