Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
sharlan 02:50 PM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
Why do these DCP think that we provider's are open 24/7 and sit around all day long to wait for them to arrive or depart??????

A dcf I keep schedule is changing. I was aware of this bc dcm attends school & needed to transfer to another college- 1 1/2 hours away. So that would be 3 hours per day of drive time!!!!! Well the kicker is she needs drop-off at 7am on some days & 6am on others. My business hours are 7:30am-4:30pm.

Thank you DCM for taking me into consideration when scheduling your classes!!!! I am not open at that time & will probably lose this dcf if I don't do it. I can't really afford to lose them. She doesn't care how it effects me bc she has a center where she can take them if I can't keep them.

I guess I will look to replace them, at least I have until the end of March.
Nothing against you, but, I really doubt any parent would be able to take your hours into consideration when scheduling classes. Classes are offered at certain times and students have no power over them. As we often say, the parents' problems are not ours. And in reverse, our problems are not theirs. If you cannot accomodate this parent's changes, then let them know so that they can find a provider who can.

My daughter often had to take early morning and late evening classes during the same semester because that was the only time the classes she needed were scheduled.