Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
momofboys 10:25 AM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
Good Morning,

It seems like Ive had alot of vents this week. But they are all for the same reason and same family. Upon enrollment this family signed their children up to arrive around 9:30am or 10am. Well this week they have been dropped off before 8am. Today it was 7:35am and I open at 7:30am. This was so unexpected of them being here at that time. I wasnt suppose to have any children scheduled until 8am today!

Well, I am writing a letter today of my rate increase, their children's behaviours etc. So .... we will see if they go elsewhere or stay here. But either way ... Im getting taken advantage of and Im just not dealing with that. I have these kids 10/11 hours a day! If I would agree to watch them more then I bet anything that I would have them even more!
Do you have another family in your care? If you don't I would let the parents know that you do not expect them before 9:30 at the earliest & if they happen to arrive prior to that that you may not be home & then BE GONE until 9:30. If you are home b/c of another family let them know you need advance notice for early drop-offs & you have to approve it - also early drop-off is not FREE - state a rate - $5/ per haf hour early of whatever. Sometimes if things aren't free then the parents will realize maybe I don't need to drop off early. Last of all take a deep breath & try to relax. I know this family isn't helping with that but try to take some control back & I would be having those kids wash their hands after every nose-picking incident- that's gross.