View Single Post
Meeko 10:11 AM 07-30-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
No it's not.

If this would have happened at my house on the day the OP posted this, by now we would all be calling him Herm the Worm or something rhyming like that.

Just because a concept is a different approach from us bowing down to these fragile little creatures with paper thin egos, it doesn't mean it's cruel. IIt's a technique that changes the subject and removes the power of the words. It's simple and there are zero .... none... nada zip... repercussions.

Think outside the box. It's a light hearted teasing which never hurt a kid. In my world we tease each other. We do word plays. We make up our own words and everybody gets nicknamed... usually many over the years.
Amen!

So tired of people acting as if toddlers are made of bone china emotionally. A generation of namby-pamby, self-absorbed kids are on their way to being the adults who will take care of us in our old age. We should be terrified.

I tease my daycare kids too. Always with a smile and a jolly demeaner. Takes the threat that they just tried to make and turns it into nothing.

None are scarred for life. They are healthy little people who for the most part are respectful and well-adjusted. A child does NOT need to be taught that the universe revolves around them. In fact they should be clearly taught that it DOESN'T.

Who is the idiot who one day decided that adults must fawn over a child in order for them to be confident?

And parents and caregivers who apologize to a child for something they didn't even do????? Good grief!!!