Thread: Late Drop Off..
View Single Post
nanglgrl 01:07 PM 10-04-2012
Thank you everyone for the responses! I hate having so many rules and sometimes question if I'm too strict. I've never had a parent complain about the rules but by nature I'm easy going so having to tell people they can't drop off late unless it has been arranged is hard. For years it worked for me to not have contracts. People paid on Monday before care so that was never an issue and during the interviews I would tell them that our situation was based on a mutual respect for each other, that my rules were pretty simple..stick to your contracted hours, pay on time, have your child ready for daycare each morning, don't bring a sick child and if you question the care I provide find a new daycare arrangement as soon as possible. I also said that if you can't follow the very basic rules that are really just common sense that I would terminate their contract. It worked for so long and I rarely if ever had problems. Now it seems I have to make a rule about everything. It seems silly to me that I should have to have a rule about changing your child out of their morning diaper before they come in the morning but that's where I am. Is this everywhere? Are parent's just becoming more and more lazy and entitled feeling?