Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 06:53 AM 02-07-2013
Originally Posted by MN Mom:
Ugh!!! Please don't drop your 3 year old off and say he was up at 3am screaming for cartoons, so you let him watch them for 45 min before he fell back asleep. It's 7AM, and your kid already gets less than optimal sleep, you give him coffee, sweets, chocolate milk...AND you let him dictate when he will be awake and when he will sleep. I get to suffer the consequences at 7AM with him SCREAMING in my toy room while his cousin is happy, awake, and ready to play. I'm sure the toxic (we're talking smells like death, as usual) diaper will follow from him being home with dad all day yesterday eating whatever he wants. YUCK YUCK YUCK. Thank Goodness June is almost here and I will be DONE with care save for my B/A School Boy. I can't wait!
Oh Lord. What is wrong with people. Why do people let their children run their homes?

I had my 2 year old show up this morning and similar story. He was up and down all night, we (the parents) started a bad thing and we HAVE to lay with him until he goes to sleep every night. Then he wakes up in the middle of the night and he throws a fit because noone is laying with him, so they put him in bed with him and he kicks and moves around so noone gets sleep. Then he got up at 5:30 for good for the day. Yippee! Why don't parents put their children in bed and make them stay there. Why in the world would you need to lay with your child every single night until they fall asleep? Who in the world has time for that either? Setting yourself up for a real struggle.