View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 07-11-2019
Originally Posted by Susiecutie29:
Have you judgemental people thought that she might be a single mom??
Being a single parent is not a disability.
Single parenting is not "special" nor does it equate to deserving special treatment.

I was raised in foster care. I lost contact with all my family members. I am now married with my husband of eight years. The point is, if he were to leave me, I'd have no one to watch my kids. Therefore, forcing my hand to work a longer shift from eight to twelve hours. At this time, I'd have no choice but to have them be in day care for that long. I would hate it and with a passion, but sometimes and most people, don't have the option to be a stay at home mom.
So hypothetically if your husband were to leave you, he would also being leaving his parental duties/responsibilities as well?

He would surely be available to help raise the child(ren) you had together...

Also in 8+ years time you have made no friends nor developed any type of support system than can lend a hand or help in caring for your child(ren) verses assuming a child care provider should have to step up and do that work for you?

Even if there were two parents, nowadays, it takes two paychecks to live in this God forsaken world.
9 out of 10 times it's because people (generally) feel that they need things they really don't need but rather want.
It requires two paychecks because people live beyond their means and choose to live a specific way.

You really think if she had another way, she would be home with her babies longer??? You mothers out there need to have more compassion for other people's lives. You don't know until you ask.
Most providers have experienced parents that bring their children every day, all day even on their off days.

Its a rare parent that uses child care for only working hours.
So our experience as providers differs greatly from what you are saying.

As for the person who denied her care for her children just because you thought it was too long, shame on you! Yes, it is long, but every situation is different and this mom needed your help.
Assuming child care providers don't care or shaming us for not assisting in the PARENT part of raising a child is judgemental and unkind. Shame on you for thinking it's a provider's responsibility to fill in the gaps for parents.

Providers work LONG hours without breaks or time off during the day.
We work long and hard to make up for those things parents often times don't do for their children.

Providers see the fall out of parents that put work obligations above their child and long hours are never beneficial for a child in any situation.

Don't blame child care providers for that.
That's on the parent.

Oh and for the record; many licensing rules and regulations prohibit a child from being in care more than a set number of hours per day.

But you wouldn't know that unless you asked.

Clearly it's not the provider's that are being judgmental here.