Thread: Back Pain
View Single Post
Unregistered 06:03 AM 01-11-2021
I have serious back issues. My doctor said I had to quit daycare and find another job. This line of work will deteriorate my back at a much faster rate than a desk job. I had a job lined up for the end of March last year then covid happened. I was let go before I even gave my parents notice. I am still on the look out with no success. Fast forward to now, I do not have any infants and only take kids who can walk up and down stairs. All my parents are well aware of my back issues and know not to hand them off to me in the morning. When we cuddle they climb on my lap. It’s minor adjustments that have really helped. The kids still receive great care and my back isn’t as strained. However there is always one parent. Dad always carries in his nearly 5 year old daughter. Every so often he will try to hand her off to me. This morning while he dropped off I looked over to the 2 year old and told her not to hit as the father tried to put her in my arms. Without thinking I grabbed her. I cried out in pain and the dad fricken laughed and said she’s not that heavy. I snapped and said she’s not a baby and she doesn’t need to be carried everywhere. Of course she’s not that heavy to you, your not leaking spinal fluid constantly or any other of the other issues that I have. Now I am laying down on an ice pack hoping the ibuprofen will kick in soon. I will likely have to close if this doesn’t get better soon. I’m only 30 years old! I’m mad at him and at myself for being careless and forgetful.