View Single Post
Snowmom 07:30 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Does anyone offer exclusive weekend care? I was thinking it might be easier than doing weekday care, because I could charge more for less days. The only downside is there might be huge variability in need. this way in the summer when my kids are off school we can take vacations during the week and attractions are less busy during the week typically. Plus during the week when I'm raising my kids I won't be stressed and burnt. I'm single so not worried about how this might impact that, and things can always change. I know there is a need here for weekend care.

I had a daycare a few years ago, and as others have said, doing weekday care along with weekends burned me out, and I had to quit to reassess my business plans and what was important to me. As others have said, I think its best to keep your weekday spots separate from weekend spots, so that way one group of parents has to pay for m-f, and weekend spots are extra; otherwise you force yourself to work 7 days a week to make what someone else makes who only is open m-f. This is because parents will have schedules that include weekdays and weekend days.

I was thinking I could tell parents they can find someone else to do weekdays, and I can do their weekends and keep it separate.
I think if you can afford the ups/downs of enrollment, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Thinking about the clientele who work weekends, the vast majority of those employees are on the lower end of the pay scale spectrum (as mentioned above).

That typically (not always) equals more issues with paying on time, job security, variable hours, income limits (state assistance).
If it were me, I think I'd rather offer babysitting services over weekend "daycare". People are more apt to pay the higher per hour range over regular daycare spots. But again, only if you can afford the inconsistent income.