View Single Post
JenNJ 09:20 AM 07-12-2011
Daily reports are overrated. I think that her verbally telling you and welcoming questions is a far better option. It gives you insight to her schedule and keeps the lines of communication open with the provider.

Curriculum. I would want basic learning ABCs, numbers, art time, music played, etc. If you plan on preschool, she will do her pre-K learning there. For a child before preschool age, I would want top notch CARE.

TV time is subjective and varies from daycare to daycare. Here, my dc kids watch about 5-15 minutes while I make lunch. I may pop it on for 15 minutes at the end of the day to calm them down so pick up time is not complete chaos. Occasionally we will watch a movie. Today we are under a heat advisory. I called a PJ & Movie day. The kids are not forced to sit down and watch the movie. I put on a G rated movie in the playroom and the kids play and watch. I don't have one child who sits in front of the TV for the entire length of the movie. Never have. My parents are comfortable with that and knew it up front from day 1.

The key to all your concerns is COMMUNICATION. Don't ask us, ask her!