View Single Post
Unregistered 10:57 AM 07-12-2011
Excellent point about working with her myself. We already read to her a ton so I think we are on the right track there. She will crawl across the floor for a stack of books before anything else (well, except maybe the dog, haha). I pump exclusively and every morning we sit on the floor and read for 20+ minutes while I pump. She loves it! That's kind of off-topic, but I guess I was just thinking about how I was at home with my mom and never lacked for that part of it - numbers, ABCs, colors, etc. (my mom read to me constantly, too, and I learned to read at a very young age) - but I did lack social skills when I went to kindergarten. I think as parents now we're trained to think that our children need to be taught from a very young age rather than learning on their own a lot of the time. It's ingrained in us that we'd better get them started young with the book learning if they're going to stand a chance. But the more I think about it, the less that is starting to make sense to me. Sorry for rambling. It's really helping me to get all these thoughts out!