View Single Post
VTMom 09:32 PM 07-16-2011
I see that you're struggling with the decision to move to a new daycare because you're uncertain if your current center will stay open. Before I started doing daycare, we were in this situation twice. The first time, my daughter was just about a year old and we were seeing signs that things weren't going so well for our provider (long story). We decided to start looking to see what was out there "just in case". Well... the "just in case" scenario came and she gave us one week's notice. Fortunately we found a daycare that we loved and they agreed to take us on after an interview on short notice. The second time came a couple years later with several month's notice but the end date was not determined because it was based on when our provider was offered a position that she would accept outside of her home. We decided to find another daycare before we had to scramble. We felt bad leaving, but felt with our daughter beginning preschool that same year, it would be best for her to be transitioned to a new place before starting school.

Anyway... my point is, you may be better off finding something now, otherwise you may be scrambling later. Just my two cents.

Good luck!