View Single Post
BabyMonkeys 08:52 AM 09-22-2015
I have two 21m boys and a 15m boy. We do art a couple of times a week, but it is basically just giving them finger paints and letting them create their own masterpiece. One of the 21m boys loves it and picks and chooses colors and thinks about every stroke. The other 21m has no interest whatsoever and the little one makes a horrible mess, but has fun.

We read lots of books, sing songs, felt board stories, finger puppets, etc. We talk about what we are doing all day. The older boys know red, green and purple, the baby thinks everything is purple.

They all will count 1, 2, 3, but they don't associate that with counting items yet. They learned that one because I would let them jump off a diaper box into a pile of pillows when we were stuck in the house one day and they were crazy.

We have an ABC book, and we sing while I point to each letter. They will all try to say ABC, but they don't associate it with a particular letter yet.

I don't use a curriculum, I tell the parents that we are purposefully playing. They are exposed to the concept, even though they aren't quite ready to learn it yet. I think early exposure without pressure is great. Maybe the parents interviewing just want to make sure that their baby has exposure?