View Single Post
spedmommy4 10:39 PM 07-21-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I came here because I am going back to work & my child will be starting daycare soon and I am completely disgusted with all of the judgmental, negative comments.

You guys do realize you are in the service industry right? You guys even get to pick your "customers" but yet here you are complaining and nitpicking at every little thing that is not done EXACTLY how you would do it. I get it your house your rules but you have no right to judge or make any comments about your "customers" personal parenting choices unless their child is in danger.

The things I have seen posted in here are outright rude.
You may think you are doing these "annoying parents" a favor by watching their children so they can work (or not work if they so please) but they are paying your bills & you should show the same respect you would like to receive.
On either side of this fence, it's really easy to get caught up in your own perspective. I have 4 kids of my own. All 4 have been in childcare, preschool, and after school care. To be honest, I really didn't get it until I did this job either.

Let's get real about a few things to start with . . . Everyone has things about their job they don't like. I have friends that are physicians assistants, nurses, etc. All love their job and all could still tell some wild stories about things they've seen and patients that have made their jobs stressful.

I work 80 hours a week. That's a long week, even when everything is going great. So when I have parents who forgets to pay or forgets to tell me that junior wearing underwear, and I end up with a mess on my carpet, I do get a little grumpy. I imagine you would too. I enjoy teaching preschool, and love working with the kiddos.
Most of us do. It's why we got into the profession.

Don't let the venting color your perspective on the profession. Working with groups of little people is a tough but rewarding profession. We all need to vent sometimes.