View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 08:51 AM 01-05-2010
If her changes were only about the walks, then I would assume she's just worried about traffic, crime, etc, or has concerns with your ability to supervise the number/age/behaviors of the children in your care. I would certainly ask her what her concerns are in regards to you spontaneously taking the kids for a short walk in your neighborhood. Make sure she understands that while you do plan your day (I hope you have some plan) occasionally you may spontaneously decide due to great weather, or some curiosity about birds, trees or seasons, or just a need to burn some energy off that you may want to take a local unscheduled walk, and you don't want to have to call and reach her each time. If that doesn't work make up some quick neighborhood walk permissions and see how she likes having to sign it at dropoff regularly when you think you "might take a walk today if its nice out" If she refuses to sign, she needs to leave and find a sub for the day because you will not penalize the otherws who want to go for a walk. If the changes are on many subjects, it sounds like she's not a good fit for your daycare and you may need to give notice and replace them