View Single Post
JoseyJo 02:26 PM 10-14-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
I think developmentally it's a bit much to ask for that sort of awareness and responsibility, especially when everything is new and NEEDS investigation

I personally wouldn't push it too hard until at least two for most toddlers because cognitively they won't grasp the concept and it'll be more work for you than it's worth for right now. You don't want to suck the drive to explore out of her by making what'll undoubtedly be seen by her as a negative consequence, overshadow the positive of experiencing the world around her. The result of that is typically withdrawl, and it could hinder her development long term.
Def would not want to make cleaning up a negative experience. We have very good, happy, willing cleaners here!

I totally agree she is exploring and learning about her new environment, especially because she is examining each toy before dropping it on the floor
I just need her to put them back in the baskets as she is doing it, or after she is done emptying it, or to at least stay with a basket for more than 30 seconds