View Single Post
kendallina 12:45 PM 12-03-2010
I was going to post this in the preschool curriculum thread, but I don't want to hijack...

I run a preschool-only 4 days/week. Most children only come 2 days/week. I need to find a way to run in the summer. I think at this point most parents are assuming that I'm going to take the summer off, but I can't afford it. I also think most parents wouldn't pay for just normal preschool during the summer as they would want their children to have many outdoors experiences.

Most of my clients have a stay-at-home mom or dad, so it's not like they need the care. So I'm trying to find a way to market the program as an enrichment program/summer camp/ or I would love to do a nature preschool program like someone else mentioned.

The problem is, I rent a townhouse with a shared yard that is completely bare and I can't put anything permanent out there. I also don't have much of a patio or safe sidewalk area for bikes...ugh.

My first thought was that maybe I could do 1 day/week where we all meet at the park and parents drop their kids off and pick their kids up there (it's only 3 hours and I can't transport more than one). I'm not licensed (don't have to be in Ohio), so there are no problems there.

What else could I do that would be considered an enrichment or something different? I could do water days, of course with sprinklers and a small pool and water table. But, I don't think the parents will pay for just that...

I know you smart ladies can help me come up with ideas...