View Single Post
kendallina 01:11 PM 12-03-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
yup, i'd do exactly what afterschool mom said - field trips where you meet the parents at the site. the only thing i would do is have the costs of the fees built into the parent's weekly fees. they're going to want to know what they'll be paying each week.

you could go to a movie, swimming, do a couple park (free) days. we have a gymnastics place that will do mini lessons for groups. you could go out for pizza/arcade.....there's a million things. i don't think the parents care as long as the kids are having fun and they don't have to do it!

i worked for a summer program and we did 2 field trips and 3 swim days per week. the field trip schedule was made out in advance - so u might call and set appointments so you can make up a calendar. also, you need to have a backup incase it rains - even if it's your house.
Good ideas! I can't really do swimming, since I'll have 5 kids with just me. But I love the gymnastics mini lesson idea...and the movie idea too.

Hmmm...keep it coming ladies!

I could do special guests as well...

Ugh, I wish my town wasn't so small, we don't have a ton of options. We do have a university, though. They have an art museum we could visit. Any other ideas on how we could utilize a university??