View Single Post
Ac114 09:30 AM 07-19-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
So what time do the parents actually get out of work? She probably was flapping on her phone in the car when she parked down the street. I would find out what time they truly get out of work and set my close time 15 minutes after that. I have a similar situation with one of my families that has 2 with me. She gets out at either 2:30 or 3:00 and picks up at 5:15 (my closing time) and drives right by me to get home. Brings the kids every time they have a day off for the entire time etc. She is one of my recent late payers too to boot. So, starting this Friday, my closing time is getting changed to 5:00. Everyone else picks up by then on Friday and since she gets out a few hours before that, it shouldn't be a problem for her. I would change your time absolutely.
Both parents are in retail management so their hours vary everyday. Both are required to work Saturdays so they each have one day off during the week. Dad has a uniform he has to wear for work so I know he’s off when he comes in gym clothes or regular clothes. Dad has a pretty set schedule where he is off by 5:30 everyday but moms is all over the place where one day she may get off at 2 and other days she’s off at 8pm. I know she’s usually off early by her Facebook posts or dad slips and says yes mommy’s home or ugh ugh she should be on her way type of thing.

Hindsight is always 20/20 because I remember in their interview she mentioned having to leave their previous sitter because of a change in hours and it apparently turned into a really nasty argument and previous sitter called her a horrible mom. Obviously previous sitter caught on too and was tired of being used up. She has him from 6 weeks until 20 months.

I’m going to change my hours until 5. I think that is what I really want. I want my kids to be in sports and just be able to enjoy life and sometimes that one hour prevents that for our family! I knew you ladies would have good advice!