View Single Post
Pandaluver21 07:07 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Michael:
Hard for me to put myself in your shoes. I tend to be blunt. I think what she adds to your business far outweighs the other stuff. Those things you are upset about you should let slide at this point IMHO. They seem almost trivial to me since she enhances your business so much. Maybe she feels that you are not appreciating her and are being too rigid. Why not speak with her and change the dynamic? It may be a more enjoyable working environment and enhance you personal relationship with her.
I definitely appreciate that you said the underlined above, because I didn't want to paint it as she was a horrible person! I have talked with her often if there is anything I should do different and if anything she says things about just being consisive. She has told me as well as other people I'm her "favorite boss" So I don't think she's unhappy, but I do want to make sure I am not the problem in any way. I am pretty good at letting little things go, and have definitely done that in the past. The biggest reason I finally brought it up is because it has been CONSTANT lately. I know she is stressed, and that I'm sure has something to do with it escalating. (We are currently between houses and are living/running our program in a friends basement) So tensions are just higher than normal :P I would love to have some tips for being a "friends boss" as well as people who were the friend and get their opinion!