View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:16 AM 08-11-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
Would anyone know if it is a state mandated guideline that the older and younger children can not be on the playground together? I am in the greater Salt Lake City of Utah.

Honestly I don't see much of a problem with him playing with bigger kids (he came from a home daycare where he was with kids ages 3mo-5years but there were only 4-8 kids at a time). BUT if it is a rule, it is clearly being broken and it wasn't a one time thing. It concerns me because then where is the line drawn? Is it really going to stop now that my son has been injured? I have witnessed adults tell bigger kids not to pick up my son before, I know they are expected not to lift him -- I'm not sure if the same attention is given to the situation when I am not on the playground picking him up.

Do I just bring the medical bill to the daycare and give it to them?

Is reporting to the state licensing agency something that I need to do or something that the daycare is responsible for?

I will get their playground policies in writing so that if I see the two groups on the playground together at the same time again I can address it right then and there.
Here are the guidelines for Utah. You'll have to read through the center ones to find out the rules on supervision in the play ground.
https://www.daycare.com/utah/

As for the medical bills, I would just ask the director where you should send them. You can also let your medical insurance billing dept or ER billing department know that this injury happened at daycare and you could request they sent the billing there. I don't know how your ER/hospital billing dept does their billing but that is what parents do here in my state.

As for the licensing report for injuries, you can request a copy of what was sent to the state (if your state has that rule).

Hoping your son is feeling better...