View Single Post
Unregistered 10:42 AM 03-05-2014
I find in my home daycare that the majority follow the health policy however I have one family who are consistently dismissive of their child's health. My policy also states not well enough to participate in the normal activities of the day. 1 yr old double ear infection up all night went to dr in am - dose with antibiotics and arrived right from visit! Not contagious but where is their head- don't they reLize that this child should be home? Same family child throws up everywhere during lunch - immediately contact parents - middle of calming upset children - all are concerned their friend threw up and changing her clothes when parent arrives and claims she sometimes gags on her food! Low tide diarreha- sent child home- brings her the next day she acting fine she just wants to be here- so uncomfortable to parent a parent. I love working with children and it is absolutely not a child's fault so I love them even more. It's inconvenient for some people to be parents. The same ones who claim teething gives high fevers - you teeth until 12 you see any 7 year olds cutting a tooth with a fever? No two things are happening and they just explain it away. I am not grossed out by illness I'll catch their vomit- I just feel so upset that they don't love their kids enough to care for them properly and they lack the respect for others in my care.