Thread: Feeling Petty!
View Single Post
daycarenewbie 10:36 AM 01-31-2018
In november of last year, I had parents choose to tell me Friday after pickup in a text that they woudn't be coming back next week or ever because she had lost her job. She knew she was losing her job for weeks as I saw her posting regularly looking for a new babysitter in another town for her new job.

Anyways of course today I get the text asking for my EIN and their total. To which I replied

"I actually figured that by not paying the two weeks notice was your intent by saying you didn't want the tax info this year, as that was something I had parents initial in the contract. Did you want to pay the two weeks notice and then I can give you the EIN number and your total?"

10mins later I get a call from husband asking what the hell was going on and him basically super upset, understandable. He also tried to threaten me with his bank statements showing he took out the childcare money each week and texts dated ( I also still have the texts when she gave notice on november 24th late a night giving no 2 weeks notice).
Anyways we ended the conversation by my saying if he wants to use my EIN from last year I can't stop him but that I wouldn't be supplying that information until the $600 balance was paid.

Do I need to claim these taxes? Honestly I'm being petty now and almost want to be like whatever, you paid in cash, never got a receipt, and I consistently let you use and abuse me and my time. This was my last year babysitting because of all the crazy parents I encountered and the stress it did on my family