View Single Post
Mom2Two 02:29 PM 02-05-2018
If you switch to Venmo, then you can send a charge, which they can pay with a tap on their smart phone or whatever. Sending the charge is a reminder.

I bill every two weeks on Friday evening. I email the invoice and send a Venmo charge, then we sit there, watch a movie, and listen to the cha-chings as I get paid, which is kinda fun. My families do it right away.

I do an invoice because I charge by attendance and so my invoice itemizes attendance + any fees.

I realize that it can be hard to make the switch to ePay, but if you start the switch, you'll get rid of that headache as everyone changes over. I hate reminding to be paid.

I had one family that wasn't paying til Sunday evening, so I began texting them on Sunday afternoon, asking if they got the invoice, and after I did that a couple of times, they quit letting it drag on all weekend. If it had kept going on, I would have started a late fee after 5pm on Sunday or something like that.

If a family ever didn't pay me by Sunday evening, I would tell them that I was planning on them not being here on Monday. And after a warning or two, I would either heft up the late fees or term. I don't want that stress.