View Single Post
storybookending 07:39 PM 12-21-2017
I grew up (just summers) in a daycare that had the TV on all day long. It was really just background noise and we did spend a majority of our time outside.. this was back when you could send kids outside unsupervised and know that we would be fine.

I did personally as a kid watch a lot of TV at home and this is still the case in my adult life. When I put the kids down at noon I’ll flip Netflix on while I sit and eat my lunch. Back when my 1s and 2s were babies and not yet on that nap schedule they would be awake while I watched TV sometimes.

I turn kid shows on in the afternoon for 45-60 minutes depending on the time the first wakes up from nap until the start of snack. I’ll show a movie occasionally as well. Honestly no one ever sits through an entire episode of anything. They’ll sit for the first few minutes they wake up and then make their way to the playroom. We also play pandora off the TV and have dance parties a lot now that it’s so cold outside. A couple of my current kids watch a ton of TV in the morning before coming and then go home at night and watch even more. I think it’s pretty common with this generation of parents.