View Single Post
littlemommy 06:08 AM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Just talked to my FP lady about other not related things today she clearly explained that the USDA has specific rules and each food program provider (company that provides the food program to you, like Providers Choice or CCRR in our area) INTERPRETS THOSE RULES AS THEY SEE FIT. The OP's food program can very well say that THEIR rule is 2 yr olds are fed from a cup NOT A BOTTLE, as long as they are meeting the MINIMUM requirements from the USDA they can add in any additional requirements they want. You can choose the specific food program PROVIDER which is where the rules vary- so long as they are in accordance with the USDA.

I think its a mute point about whether the FP allows bottles. No educated professional would actually allow a two year old (without a med dx) to eat from a bottle simply b/c they refused to do it any other way.
Thank you for this information!! I didn't want to argue with my food program lady about whether or not it is a legal "rule." It's not age appropriate, and I didn't feel comfortable with it. Not only is it bad for his teeth and eating habits, but it disrupted the other kids at lunch time. They would sit and stare at him chewing on the nipple and then they wouldn't eat. I'm so glad this is over and NO MORE BOTTLE will be brought with him. His dad agrees that he should not have it, so I have his support as well.