View Single Post
Countrygal 03:16 PM 08-22-2012
I have a new dcf. There are lots of issues with the family, but I'm trying to work with them. They're going through a hard time right now. But I could really use some ideas on this one:

Dcb (just turned 3), wets the bed during nap. Parents do NOT want to bring diapers. They want me to not give him anything to drink for 1 1/2 hours before nap. In the first place, we take nap shortly after lunch and I am REQUIRED to serve milk. Secondly, if I don't serve this child anything to drink from noon to 1:30, then he naps, and they don't serve him anything to drink before bed and then he sleeps, this child is basically dehydrated for 16 hours or so a day!!! IMO, that is just not right. I COULD completely re-arrange my schedule and see if it works for him to stay dry, but is this fair to the other children and families? I am in a quandary..... Today I insisted they bring diapers, but I got arguments and even a little anger.

Help me, here, please???? Seems like a simple problem, but somehow it is big to me. I hate arguing with clients who don't care to understand your side of things.....