View Single Post
Leanna 10:17 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I have 9, and can't afford to do it legally unlicensed and I won't go illegally. Way too much risk here as well.

I also do not break regs. I almost have a panic attack when I walk into a room and I am missing an outlet plug or something.

What kills me is SOME of the regs are SOOO mild. There is nothing in there about furniture needing to be anchored, soacing between deck rails (a child just died locally because she fell off an elevated deck-through the rails) or mixing valves required on sinks to avoid scalding. It is a RECOMMENDATION that we lower our water tank temp (ours is tankless, and NO WAY am I missing a HOT shower). But having hot cocoa or chocolate milk is SOOOO bad they made a reg? That's the state for you.
Might not be a reg. but my licensor made me put intermittent rails on my deck up before I initially got licensed.

I personally agree that we (as a whole) cannot pick and choose which regs we will or will not follow. I ache in the summer to use a kiddie pool but don't do it- NOT because I won't be supervising 100%, NOT because I won't drain and clean it daily, but because it is a reg. In my little house, I can hear myself breathing on the listening end of the monitor at naptime, but I still plug it in everyday - NOT because it is helpful, but because it is a reg.

I too have mini-heart attacks over missing outlet covers and covers on the outside trash cans...my teenagers think I am crazy!