View Single Post
Kabob 06:58 AM 02-21-2014
So the one time I don't close due to bad weather I get a dcm super mad at me.

We got a lot of snow yesterday and the wind had been blowing it around all night. I told everyone to keep an eye on the roads as I might close due to bad conditions. Well the local schools didn't close and the main road stayed plowed and my road didn't look that bad.

So I didn't close last night since I felt bad closing more for weather than illness so far this year. I figured that I'd leave it up to the parents to decide since it didn't seem to be emergency conditions.

Well one family called to say they weren't going to try since their road wasn't plowed this morning. I checked the local schools and they finally closed at 7am...

My other dcm never called which was weird since she usually will cancel on her own if the weather is even slightly bad. However it was a half hour past her drop off time and she wasn't here. I was about to call to check on her to see if we had a miscommunication last night at pick up and then I spotted her walked with dcg through the snow down the road to my house.

She was mad. She said she got stuck when she tried to turn from the main road to my road because of a 4 ft drift (I couldn't see that from my house). Then she angrily said I should have called her to tell her they didn't plow my road yet. I apologized and said that I assumed she wasn't coming as other parents chose not to come because their road wasn't plowed and that I felt bad closing so I thought I'd let her make the decision this time since she made the decision not to come last few times. She said her road was plowed so she decided to come and said she expects me to call her next time.

So lesson learned...you can't trust parents to make the right decision because they don't know how bad it is on your road.