View Single Post
Mom of 4 09:15 AM 04-08-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
So it's nap time...I'm sitting down to my own lunch when I spy the neighbor's dog running by on my front lawn....again.

This dog gets out all the time and is constantly being brought back by one person or another. I can't get the dog now since I can't leave the kids alone but grrrrr....this dog is a terror! I've seen him knock down old ladies and young kids alike. He'll chase people down and bowl into them then jump and paw and nip in excitement. He also almost killed my cat when my cat slipped outside one (and only one) time...he is super aggressive towards other animals.

Anyway...I don't want to be the bad neighbor by complaining (again) but I really don't want him attacking (even out of playfulness) or even scaring any of my daycare families while they try to load up their kids...it hasn't happened yet but with summer around the corner, these neighbors intentionally let their dog run loose because they claim the kids like to play with him...
You got it twisted. The neighbor that is letting their dog run loose without a care in the world to those around them, knowing that he has the propensity to knock down others (knowing you run a daycare) and is aggressive even toward other animals, Is the bad neighbor.

I had horrible neighbors like this and they did not have any business having a dog! After the 4th time their dog got out, the other neighbor said that he would not be returning the dog to that home and he would call the pound. And I don't blame him! He did joke about selling the dog (pure pitbull so worth money) but I said "Yeah, probably get you in court". Personally, if this was a concern over and over (once or even twice, I can forgive, after that, forgiveness is over; accountability must happen), I would not return the dog and I'd call animal control before he really hurts someone. It's not the dog, it's the owner, but at the same time, if he/she cannot handle their dog, then it's time someone takes it away from them. The problem that we have in society is we all think we have the "right" to do everything but not the responsibility that comes connected with those rights.