Thread: Rate Dilemma...
View Single Post
LK5kids 03:56 AM 06-26-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
I accommodate almost entirely part timers. I charge only hourly.
I also don't do contracted hours, or get upset when the kids are here and the parents are home. If you or your child are in my house, I am getting paid, so I do not care.
I also let them pay after the fact, though if you do not pay on your day to pay, there are late fees that accumulate.
The hourly rate would more depend on your area. Here a daily rate is around $25-$35, so my hourly of $3.50 is about mid range. If they are over 21 hours a week, they get $3.00 an hour.
This is almost my program to a T! I have never had to chase $$$. If a family did not pay me Friday by 5:30 and came Monday morning they woulndn't get in the door without payment. No way would I let money owed continue to pile up.

This time getting doing child care I have 1/2 full time, 1/2 part time. Years ago almost all my families were full time. Rate is the same for all families, but under two will go up after the first of the year.

I love the people I get too and I guess my style is also laid back. I get very close to my families but no way do I let people walk all over me. I also feel like my program is one in a million, at least for my area. I have years working with young children and their families. Many in family child care, many in other kid related positions.

It helps me that this is a smaller community and people know me from the positions I have had. I had to go to the jail last night for fingerprinting for licensing and I knew the jailer from when I did parentng classes at the jail. He started asking me about opening my center and that he lives a block away and his provider is quitting in a year and he will need child care.

I have a BA in education. My environment and program is high quality & unique for this area also. Again, for me this keeps parents wanting to get a spot here and stay. Nope theY do not want to irritate me either!

We are kindred spirits angelsj!