View Single Post
Josiegirl 09:38 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by racemom:
I agree this is ideal. Everyone seems to think OP was planning on hanging out with the kids. My understanding was during drop off or pick up she asked to see the daycare space and was told she needed to text 15 minutes ahead of time. Maybe I see thing differently then home providers, but why need 15 minutes heads up when the parent is standing right there. Why couldnt she go downstairs, quick look around and leave. Some of the comments are I can't leave the kids but she already had to come upstairs. If ahe thought the parent wanted to stay, she should have told her they needed a quick drop off, but she could have done it downstairs.

I still feel like the provider was hiding something and would not leave my child somewhere I was not allowed to come into.
Plus OP was told she could visit anytime, miscommunication problem possible? Or misinterpretation of open door policy?
I live in a small town, all my parents see one another between shopping, different events and activities offered in our community. They're not strangers and know all the other kids and families, some better than others. Guess I'm lucky in that way.