View Single Post
melskids 10:57 AM 04-22-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I'm sort of in the other camp. I do wipe butts, but I only have two different families and have gotten their input on what they wish. They both said that if the child is comfortable with it, they would rather not have them in the dirty underwear. Neither of them are very good at wiping - in fact, they might as well not wipe at all because they don't get anything off. But I also encourage them to try to do it themselves and then to call me so I can "check" them. That way they get the practice wiping.

But in this case, I guess I would definitely stop the wiping. I would explain to the dcm what's going on and why I had made that decision. I would also explain IN WRITING to both of the parents. To have something in writing always helps CYA.

Just my ideas.
Hey listen....I agree. I don't really want him walking around like that either. I ask him everytime he goes in the bathroom "can I help you" and he tells me no. I just don't want to force myself on him and have it come back to bite me, You know?

If he needed my help and was asking for it, I would absolutely still help him. I have other 4 years old who still allow me to help them when they need it.

I think I am just going to make sure he puts clean undies on before he goes home.