View Single Post
Soccermom 04:34 AM 09-21-2012
I need help!!
My daughter turned eight and is having her birthday party next weekend. I babysit two kids who are both in her her class so naturally I wanted to invite them to her party. They play together everyday afterschool but DD doesn't want to invite them....I know the moms really well and they are good kids but DD says she doesn't play with them at school. I pointed out that she sees them everyday here but she still wasn't interested.

The most difficult thing about it is that my two girls were born a couple of days apart and we decided to have their birthdays together this year ( I am getting old and I just can't handle 2 birthday parties that close together anymore.) The DCGs she doesn't want to invite also have big sisters who I babysit as well and are in my older DD's class....older DD is inviting the big sisters!

I am not sure how to deal with this...I hate birthday parties because I hate leaving kids out, also I really like my DCKs and hate for their feelings to get hurt.

I hate this!!! Do you worry about hurting kids' feelings when planning your own school age children's Bday Parties? I always end up inviting WAY too many kids and spending WAY too much $$ because of it. I told the kids they could each have 2 friends and I would take them to the movies...we are now up to 4 friends each AND a pizza party at our place afterwards for a couple of girls who couldn't come to the movies because of dance but who my girls just HAD to invite...

AAAHHHH!!!