View Single Post
Aya477 04:15 PM 08-06-2010
First, I agree with Crystal's and ProMom's posts.

It is a parent's choice to choose what their children are exposed to. If the issue of same-sex relationships is an item this parent would prefer to avert their child from or hold off for a more appropriate age, then that is the parent's right. Nowhere did the OP (IMO) offer any statement that should be labeled as discrimination. I do hope she joins the discussion and offers further information.

Being open minded is not simply accepting unconventional subjects. Being open minded is far more than that. It extends to being open towards those that share an opposing belief/opinion WITHOUT persecuting them for being different than you. Claiming to be open minded while persecuting someone who does not share your same belief is hypocritical. I can't say this enough: disagreements occur because of differing opinions. That is the true core of global disputes, social disputes, professional disputes...it *is* what is wrong with society. There is nothing wrong with everyone not having the same morals/values, opinions, and beliefs in life. What is wrong is persecuting them for being/thinking different than you.