View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 08:50 AM 09-08-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You both serve children/families 24 hours a day though correct?

Or at the minimum much longer days/hours of availability than other providers...
I'm AVAILABLE for any shift... but I sign up depending on what schedule they need so that I don't have kids 24/7 of course.

HOWEVER, I do work most weekends. In return for that I'm off some weekdays I get to spend at my kids school volunteering which makes me AND them very happy! And there are days here and there I have a child here at 6am that leaves at 3pm and another two that arrive at 11am and don't leave until 8pm etc if that answers the question.

but no, I'm not aware of ANY other providers that accept kids around here for non traditional shifts. I'm also the ONLY in home provider in my county that accepts state pay.

The benefit to my schedule is that when I need or want specific days off, since two of my three parents make their own schedule.... is that I get what I ask for without questions asked.

Say I want to go to the river for the weekend and my husband will be in state the first weekend of October... I simply mention that to my families... and in return... we find ourselves at the river