View Single Post
Unregistered 09:27 AM 01-29-2016
For years I kept a file on my computer titled" Outrageous things dcp have said to me." It was great for stress relief. Sometimes I read it now for laughs.

Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
I agree 100% Hunni Bee, that's what I figured I would find -- an outlet where parents could express their frustrations but find either useful info to help them better understand or at least other sympathetic parents. That was not my observation, however. In general, a few convos went along these lines:
"My daycare provider is completely <<insert complaint>>. They are overcharging me when they don't even have an education. They insist on being called "school" when the provider themselves can't even spell. They are trying to tell me how to raise MY child!"
Okay, this was the info I was looking for -- this is what I wanted to learn from, so that I can provide better learning avenues for families. I don't want them to feel so frustrated and put out. It was more or less the following statements that left me :
"Your child, your choice -- it doesn't matter what the provider says, you do what you want."
"They are making bank! You aren't hurting them any by doing such and such! That's what they get paid for -- control your provider!"
"Give your provider as hard a time as you want -- after all, that's what they get paid for! You have a real job, and the provider needs to understand that you take priority or should make exceptions blah blah blah"
......umm wow. This doesn't include the judge mental parents condescending remarks in general....basically, change something or quit bitching. You are stupid for thinking this way. You are a terrible mom for that. Just on and on.

My point being was that our forum is generally supportive of one another...yes, we vent, but I don't think I've hardly seen any of us throwing anyone under the bus. Merely empathizing, offering suggestions, and such. That was the surprise, above anything else.

I will have to see if I can pull some of what I read for you guys! It is a totally different tone that what I read on our forum.