View Single Post
TheGlitterFactory 06:20 PM 03-18-2016
I'm mostly a lurker here, but I have been following this thread since your first post and check back for updates. I have dealt with this type of mother before, because I was this mother a few years ago. I never thought anything was my fault -- being late or forgetting a doctor's appointment was always someone else's fault: work, traffic, brain farts, husband, etc. And I expected everyone to be understanding of my forgetfulness and lateness. Because I only truly cared about getting my way and not owing my sh*t. And the best part, if someone else was late or forgetful, I had zero understanding or sympathy (like when she gave you an attitude for having to wait when she showed up 1.5 hrs early).

I used to think "why is my daycare provider making such a big deal about 15 minutes?" "What's her problem?" And yes, I would have used my kids watching Disney to somehow justify my behavior: "Yes, I was early, then late and late again, but OMG can you believe the kids were watching television?" Because I honestly did not care about anyone else, but myself. This is hard to type, honestly. I was a self-consumed and self-centered nightmare. Thankfully, I realized what a total a**h*e I was being to everyone and decided to change. I think it was easier for me; because I was not that type of person my whole life, so I began to see a person I did not recognize or like.

I am typing all of this, because I see so much of old self in this woman. I am sure you already know this, but she is not going to change. She needs someone who never bends and never gives in. However, I cannot imagine that being a lot of fun for you and just not worth it. She will have some "thing" every other day. I just wanted to tell you that I think you are doing a good thing for her by sticking to your policies and terminating her. Hopefully, she will "get it" eventually