View Single Post
daycarediva 09:28 AM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Interesting. I had not thought of that.

I am still getting used to the idea that respectable adults actually do this. It is just something that simply isn't legal or socially acceptable, here. It is viewed as further evidence of the decay of our country.
The cousin I am referring to is getting his MBA, paying cash all the way. He's doing what he loves (ha!). He looks like a total stoner/loser punk kid though, until you know he just bought a house and paid cash and drives a BMW- paid for with cash. He randomly sends us items from his shop. dh and dd have pot leaf socks, we have ash trays (although we don't smoke anything- etc). The business aspect of it IS interesting, and since licenses are limited, it's BIG business now. He is saving like crazy to retire by 40, has an IRA worth more than mine at the moment (he is 22 now I believe) He is also using his money to diversify, he just bought land and is putting up storage units, and he is doing rental properties now, too. So that when the market floods, he has a safety net.

Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
So funny Cat Herder. In my neck of the woods its seen as akin to having a few beers or a glass of wine. Its not legal here yet...but I know at least 2 daycare families that smoke (great parents, good jobs) and if it were legal...I would too
Same here. I wish we could replace weed with the heroin epidemic we have going on. They just found a 19yo college student dead in her dorm room yesterday and a drug addict od'ed and was dumped right behind the police station a few weeks ago, and then there was one they found floating in the lake this summer. Fun times here!