View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 02:45 PM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
I will never agree with marijuana, and dislike the idea of it becoming normal. It has the same properties as alcohol. Some people can drink or use socially with no problems, but some get more regular due to life issues, and eventually get into harder drinks and drugs, and some end up dying, or killing others, because of it. Alcohol being legal is enough option for messing people's minds. We don't need another way to do it. Nothing against anyone here who is for, or uses, but in my home, there will never be any of either.

I respectfully disagree about the alcohol/MJ comparison, but the reason I bolded your last sentence is to show that having that choice is what is most important. You can choose not partake or have it in your house and is a perfectly reasonable choice to make. The people who use it and benefit from it do not get that same choice. Now that CO and WA, and many other states are legalizing it, even if just medicinal use, other people are finally getting the respect and ability to make their own choice for their own lives. I don't feel others should tell me what I can or cannot put in my body, just as I would never tell them what they should eat, drink, what meds they should take, ect. It is none of my business. Again, I respectfully disagree about the harmful effects that legalization of mj would have. I feel that keeping it illegal has led to far worse outcomes, including unnecessary death and incarceration.