View Single Post
Cat Herder 09:33 AM 09-09-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
The cousin I am referring to is getting his MBA
Oh, don't get me wrong. I was not taking pot shots (pun was not even intentional, just a happy accident). The laughy face was at me, the winky face was intended to point out I am trying to have an open mind. I get it. The water is not hot, even though everything and everyone in "my world" says it is boiling.

This is simply how I was taught my whole life. It takes time for an entire culture to change. We also have this down here :

"in the public school textbooks and classrooms, the religion of evolution is being taught to students by telling them that dinosaurs evolved into birds. So far, the Biblical model that creatures bring forth after their kind (birds produce birds, lizards produce lizards, etc) is the only observable (scientifically verifiable) model in existence; the religious model of evolution, that beast can produce bird, has never been observed in nature, but is still taught as if it's "science.":

And this:

"the proposed resolution acknowledging science’s contribution to mankind’s progress beyond the Stone Age is an “authoritarian” and “unconstitutional violation of the First Amendment’s establishment clause and protection of the freedom of speech,” and as a Pagan religion is responsible for advancing infanticide, gun violence, wars, Nazism, and likely all the diseases that plagued humanity down through the ages. The creationists’ categorical claim is that evolution is a religion like atheism, and it leads them to assert that “since the constitution calls for the state not to be involved in the establishment of any religion,” atheists have no right asking the federal government to endorse and mandate the religion known as evolution. "