View Single Post
momma2girls 09:54 AM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Our power was shut off yesterday in our entire neighborhood so I had to call everyone to be picked up plus my daughter had a staff inservice day so we had a mommy and me day out of the house. This should have been posted yesterday but seeing as to how ther was no power and therefore no internet I couldnt lol.
Last year we had an ice storm, and there was only a 3 yr. neighbor girl scheduled to come- she was supposed to be here at 8:00am, her Mom calls here around 10:00, snd said she is still coming- I told her"do you realize how icy it is out, it had been icing for about 2 1/2 hrs. now- she said yes, it is the same here, I said well no it's not, you have to get out of your van here in my driveway and out and walk up my sidewalk!! I had to go outside and ice all my driveway and sidewalk, just for her- I fell twice- hurt my neck and back- went to a Chiro over it!! Then the best part of it all, her Dad was laid off and sitting at home. After 3 hrs. of the power being off, and getting a bit chilly in here, I called him, and said"oh, you're at home" he hesitated to answer me at first- I thought duh I called your home phone!! I told him that I might not stay open much longer, because it is getting chilly in here, even with my FP going. It finally came back on 5 hrs. later- Needless to say she was here the entire time- I was so mad!!! I added this in my contract right away about power outages!!!