View Single Post
mamajennleigh 08:02 AM 01-25-2010
Regardless of what is or is not a "reportable" illness, this daycare had an ethical obligation to tell you there was a case/cases of scabies in the daycare, especially if they knew you were dealing with a similar rash on your son! I am sure there were conversations between you and the workers regarding not being able to figure out what the rash was from, etc. At any time, they could have cleared the entire matter up by telling you (or asking the director to tell you) what they had already experienced. It would have saved you months of pain and expense.

My sons contracted scabies from a daycare, and I can tell you that by the time that nasty rash made it's way through our family, I thought we would all go insane from the itching.

They should have told you, plain and simple, whether they were required to or not. Scabies is very easily treated and rarely recurs when the proper treatment of the skin and the proper washing of linens and pillows and things is done. It's easy to contract and is not that much of a big deal, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't just tell you?